- Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)
Monday, June 30, 2008
"Living life my way, embracing Challenges !!"
[psst...incase ur wondering what vida en seises in my title is, its spanish for "Life in Six"]
we had been talking about heading towards this place called Tranquebar ( near Chidambaram) a couple of days and that is exactly where our journey began Saturday..
here's a sneak peak into places we explored~~~
more shall come later.. right now, too tired to write~ plus work beckons with a threatening frown~~
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I am a big fan of cricket... and my fav team are the Aussies.. so naturally, i keep myself abreast on whats happening out there...
Couple of days back when i read about Jane McGrath's passing away, i felt sad.. Not just for her, what she has been through, but also for her kids and Glen~~~
Its such a strange world we live in... one minute we hear of someone having a baby or celebrating their Birthday, and next minute people are passing away..
but the beauty is that people who pass on do leave behind lovely memories, and thoughts for those around them to treasure and cherish....
And this woman, Jane, is held in such regard in Australia, not because she was a famous Cricketer's wife, but for all that she has done for others suffering from Cancer and her positive attitude till the end....
""English-born Jane's long battle with cancer has been headline news in Australia for the past decade because of her marriage to McGrath, one of Australia's most successful and popular fast sportsmen, and their promotion of breast cancer awareness.
The couple started up their own foundation to raise money for breast cancer research and were recognised for their charity work earlier this year when they were appointed as Members of the Order of Australia.
Jane was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997 then bone cancer in 2003 but made a full recovery both times.
She was diagnosed for the third time in 2006, prompting McGrath to take eight months off cricket to care for her and their two young children.""
Reading about her in the news makes me hope and pray that one day people will remember me like this... [ i shall be truly happy and content if they do]
""Sue Murray, chief executive of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, said Jane McGrath's work in providing support for specialist breast cancer nurses would leave a lasting legacy."The role model that she has presented to women right throughout her journey has been inspiring, has been very supportive and very encouraging for all women who go through breast cancer," Ms Murray said""
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
I know, this is a post about a movie, so, why isnt it in my other blog? well, this is not a review, but about my experience at the movie and what i wanna share with all ... :)
Today morning my friend S called asking if i wanna go with her and V(hi school friends), to watch The Happening at Inox, 7pm.. Since i dint have any meetings, or work, i said Ok... Dint know much about the movie, except that it was Manoj Night Shyamalan, so has to be wierd.....
Got to the theater, went into the hall armed with popcorn, Nachos, drinks and got comfortable, waiting for the movie to begin...
Couple of mins after it began... Thud... Thud... Thud ...people falling off a tall building(in the process of construction) and dying... and this is what happens through the movie... Trees shake in the wind.. leaves rustle... we are feeling cold (not out of fear, but cos the damned AC in the hall was freaking cold...lolz) and then we see more people dying... Wham! [shooting themselves].. Bang Bang[banging their head against glass].. everything... Gory to the height of infinity.... what the hell.. do you want to mind F$%^ people? and send them home being paranoid [ i remember reading an excerpt where Mark Wahlberg said he has become paranoid since the movie.. scared of everything and anything]
"Are those animals dead on the road?", "Honey, dont you have the binoculars you used to use to spy on our neighbors in the back of the car?"... one of the dialogues~~~ tsk tsk...
The Hero is ok... kinda lost in his own world.. science buff he is, always working with numbers..
The lady, Zooey Deschanel, was plain scary looking in some scenes.. she has big eyes that look like they are gonna pop out..
People... if you have any plans of watching the movie.... i suggest, Dont... and if you have kids.. dont take em... i mean, its not scary, or anything... just very Disturbing n Gory.....
This was it.. i got no clues why He made the movie.. what was the logic.. am i missing something here???
The movie should have a disclaimer - "Watch if you are mentally unstable"
All in all The happening did not happen...
And why was Ronnie screwvala's name in the titles??? they produced it???? whoa...
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Sat in the car, melting away - it was damn hot... and then i noticed a white ikon pull over next to ours, and then move around to the other drive way(which was the way OUT)... and then couple of mins later i saw the lady hop outta the car and go towards the counter.. i thot ,"oh,well, she's probably just going to get her bill"... but then the 2cars ahead of us dint budge... wondering why...
And that is when we fig out the lady was going to be served 1st.... her car will get preference and then the 2cars that have been waiting and then us... what the $%^*.. i was fuming... and the lady cool and stylishly walks back, hands over her bill to the attendant , who in turn asks her to reverse her car and then fills gas....
I would have hopped out and given her a piece of my mind... but was stopped n so dint... just sat in the car seethin, smoke coming outta my ears.....
We were all fuming.. seething.... wat crap.. why does she get preference? in fact she should have been asked to drive around and wait in line... behind US,. where she belongs... but the B$^*&% get her way, and preference...... Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
- is it cos she is a woman?
- or cos she had the gall to just cut the queue and let the dimwit attendant be a wuss n serve her first???
-doesnt she have any conscience?
- are we all fools to follow the rules and wait in line???
Damn B#%%^.. i see her again, she is Dead~~~ uff....
Friday, June 20, 2008
The tag is to write 10 deeep dark hidden secrets about me that not many know off, or heck, they know it~~ :)
1. I love music... need music around me all the time- while working, walking, working out, cleaning cupboards, sleeping, even in the loo...
2. Books Books - wonder i would do without them.. Am so grateful to whoever intro'd me to reading that today my days are awesome fun with a company of a few good pages...
3. I enjoy cooking, experimenting- and must say, so far, no adventure in the kitchen has bombed... but i am not a big eater.. i really enjoy cooking and watching people relish it, and pass me some good compliments... :)
4. Friends mean the world to me- if not for them, i would be raving lunatic, and would have probably killed a few dozen people by now.. hehe.. they help me stay sane and enjoy life... I also have quite a number of friends made through Online social networking and blogs.. and they are all very dear... some raise their eyes when i say this, but to me, it matters not, real life friends= online friends(most of whom i've met as well)....
5. I am S@#% scared of planning ahead - even if its for a movie tomorrow, i wont. cos one too many times, things i've planned have not happened.. so, if you wanna do something today, am game~!
6. I have longgggg conversations with Floppy(my doggie)... talk to him about general things, when am feeling low, when i want to share some exciting news, all the time... and i also wonder what he is thinking about.. i keep telling him:" if you could talk, i bet you would tell me to jus shut up or give me a nice big hug and say love you'..
7. I wish my family understood me more.. sometimes i feel they don't know me at all...
8. For the life of me, i cant get up early in the morning.. 7 is the earliest, unless i have to catch a train/flight, or going for a wedding... [ i sleep only around 1..so dont blame me :)]
9. I am not too fond of wearing Gold jewellery... i lust after the fako ones, be it road side, or wee bit expensive ones... gramma keeps telling me 'how abt if i make a gold earring just like the fako one you're wearing, and i reply- no, i wont wear it... dont "...
10. I have this unique name for my gramma- thats how i address them(both mom's mom n dad's mom), which a lot of ppl find amusing... but hey, i came up with it when i was about 2 yrs old... - i call them "aarthimma"( literal translation- aarti-my name, ma- mother, and this is the title that my cousin's also use to refer to our paternal gramma, my sis calls them both patti)
Time to pass on the baton... hmmm, tricky... Ok, here are the souls who get to reveal their buried treasures...
And anyone else who wants to~ :)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
|You scored as Hedonism|
Your life is guided by the principles of Hedonism: You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can.
Saw this quiz on Pointblank and Chandni's blog... thot, what the heck.. give it a shot... :)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Not Madonna's song...
Not cold weather either, no way..
While surfing the net, came across this video, and was fascinated... got me thinking, what it would be like if we were to do it here in India..
Watch and then share your thoughts on this pls... :)
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Rules of the tag- Just got to pick random phrases and then write in song lyrics that you associate them. So here it goes
Life is fun... ???
Everybody needs a little loving,
Everybody needs somebody thinking of them.
Everybody needs a little respect,
And whatever it takes,
I’m gonna get it.
Music makes me lose control
In prison cell and dungeon vile
Our thoughts to them are winging,
When friends by shame are undefiled
How can I keep from singing?
We live in a greedy little world--
That teaches every little boy and girl
To earn as much as they can possibly--
Then turn around and
Spend it foolishly
I swear i dint... [lol]
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
Friends are my life
Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone
I hear you call my name
And it feels like home
Wanna fly away
Everybody's looking for that something
One thing that makes it all complete
You find it in the strangest places
Places you never knew it could be
Never ending Journey
I’m gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it’s like
To ride a drop of rain
Love, love me forever
Sometimes words are hard to find
I'm looking for that perfect line
To let you know your always on my mind
ya this is love - n' i've learned enough to know
i'm never lettin' go
no, no, no - won't let go
lets go bowling
i walk in jaws all be droppin
It's so electrified
Don't mean to intend my date
don't mean to make you loose your mind
Shhh, just shut up already...
yarkeyin mozhigal purinthu vidu
manitharin mozhigal thevai-illai
ithaiyathin mozhigal purinthu vidu
Hmmm... do i pass on the baton or just let anyone who's interested take it from here?? yep, that is what i shall do... :)
Friday, June 13, 2008
Here is what you need-
- Noodles- any kind, and any quantity(actually depends on how many ppl and your taste pref). the ones i used are Blue bells Spinach noodles
- Vegetables- Finely chopped(lengthwise)- carrots, cabbage, onions, capsicum[ you can add any veggie you like, i normally add mushrooms, but dint have any last nite]
- Water - to boil noodles in
- Salt- to taste
- Soya Sauce- 2tsp
- Tomato Ketchup- 1tsp
- Maggie Veg masala cube-1[upto you to use or not:), i experimented with it last eve, came out quite nice]
- Oil -to saute the veggies in
In a pan, take about 2cups of water, let it boil and then add the noodles to it..[ this particular kind said cook 2-3mins only, so i did just that].. Strain it immediately, and wash with cool water so it doesnt get soft n squishy.. :)
In another pan/wok- add the oil, and the onions first.. let the onions get golden(like they show on TV cookery shows..hehe)
Then add the other veggies...
Sprinkle salt and let the veggies cook a bit...
Add the soya sauce n ketchup at this point, and continue to let the veggies cook well.
Put in the maggie cube after squishing it out with a wee bit of water, so it kinda becomes a paste and blends well with the veggies
Ta da.. its time now to toss in the noodles, and add more salt if reqd....
Your noodles is ready.. Yumm yummm.. enjoy~~
hey Phoenix- this is spl for you..let me know if you get around to making it.. you can make the noodles minus the Maggie, and can add whatever spice/herb you enjoy... i keep experimenting, love it... :
During my Delhi trip [ which happened long long ago.. in sep 07], i had picked up this chime from Dilli Haat [ what an evening it was, had been there with my uncle and cousin, ]... It was pretty, it was blue and pretty[did i mention it already??lol ], and just hanging there, i picked it up, looked at the shopkeeper asking him the price, for which he coolly replied " madam, aapko jo dena hain deejiye".. and wandered away..
Lakshmi sat on a baby rocking chair and had funlol.. uncle looked at me asking "how much do i give him".. i said "maybe 75, and 100 at the most, not more".. uncle too wandered off looking for the guy and finally ended up giving him 150bucks.. [so much for bargaining n quoting a price] .. hehehe..
It sat in my bag post the trip, and finally last week, brought it out and decided to hang it in my room... all were going "ooh, aaah, its so pretty, such cute bells.. like a top with a tinge of blue in it[the game]"... today i hung it from a holder in my room[the holder was put ages ago, and a hammock used to be hanging from it]...
Looks prettty... and catches everyone's eye as they walk in.. they all wanna reach out n get the bells to ring... and when i sit to work on my laptop, it is just above my head...