She made this interesting dish that i tried out, which i must say was quite Yummy…. It can be eaten with Steamed rice or Roti as well..
Green gram kofta in Spinach gravy (dont know what she called it, but this is the name i have given the dish)
What you need: [what i made was for about 5-7people]
Green gram(sprouted)- soaked in water for about 3hrs
Spinach -3 bunches( depends on how much you make)
Paneer – 100gms (grated)
Cheese – 4cubes(grated)
Coriander – a cup(finely chopped)
Green Chillies – 2(finely chopped)
Onion- 2 big(finely chopped)
Rice flour/cornflour/maida – 2tbsp
Tomato – 1 big or 2small( finely chopped)
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Dhania Powder- 2tsp
Oil – to fry
Salt – to taste
How to Make:
Step 1: Kofta balls
1. OUTER OF KOFTA-Take the green gram and grind it to make a thick mixture(do not add water)
2.FILLING– In a bowl – mix paneer, cheese,rice flour(just so they all bind together well), 1 onion chopped, coriander,green chillies, a pinch of salt.
3 . Make balls out of the ground green gram , press them out like cups, and within each of them put in a spoonful of the filling and cover it up.
In a similar manner, make all the balls.
4. Take a pan, add oil enough for frying. Deep fry these kofta balls, till outer turns dark brown.. strain and keep aside.
Step 2 : Gravy
1. Chop the spinach coarsely, and let it cook in water with a pinch of salt
2. Grind the cooked spinach into a smooth paste
3. Take a pan, add some oil
4. once oil is hot, add the remaining onions and tomatoes, saute for a couple of minutes..
5. to this add the spinach puree..
6. add cumin,dhania, red chilli powder and more salt if you need
Let it cook.. till it starts boiling…
Take a serving bowl.. place the kofta balls and pour the gravy on top of them (this is just so the kofta does not dissolve in the gravy or lose its shape)…
You can add a dollop of cream if you wish on top..just for garnish….
Bon Appetite~~ 🙂