These days, my weekdays are more chilled out than weekend
This saturday, you wanna know what i did… or rather what all i dint do… hmmm… here goes!!
1. Woke up early — yes, i did… 6.30 was out of bed…grrrr.. and then had a battle with Floppy on why he should come out from under the car, where he was in hiding.. tho i wonder why or who from… and then had another battle getting him into his leash… so much for thinking he would come running the minute he hears my voice [well, he does, but today he was in no mood, guess he wanted to chillax too.. under the car… ]
2. Got ready, wore a saree and went off for an uncle’s 80th bday function [Sathabishegam] with grandparents… The best part was got to wear a earring i had bot eons ago, picked out a Blue saree cos it matched the earring and was all smiles… 🙂
3. Met me friend, who is also related to this uncle, intro’d her to my family, and chit chatted with her a bit.. it was fun to see all my uncles/cousins stare at me wondering if i had dragged a friend along for a function..hehehe… had to sit and clarify that later on in the day
4. We are still on Saturday.. in case you thot otherwise 😉
Hmmmm.. had brunch at the function and went off to uncle’s house[ he lives close to the mandap where the dig was]… and their house is HOT, like an oven, you crack an egg and you shall find a sizzling omlette.. he he.. no kidding!! but i like em, so me no complaining…
5. 1.45… eeks, i gotta change and get ready… NO, was not going for a happening Saturday nite party, but was headed to a meeting.. Oh,yes, you read it right!! Left home at 2, reached Madras Club at 2.15 and was there till about 6.30.. two meetings, back to back.. fun and interesting, but was tired!! and the day was not half over yet…Mind u!!
6…. Oh,yes, got back to uncle’s house, luckily dint have to change clothes cos i had worn the salwar i had intended for the night dinner… 😉 [smart me….] lazed about a bit, and off we went to another uncle’s house for their mom’s 80th bday dinner.. [how awesome is that, nt one but 2 80th bdays.. and they say its GOOD to get the blessings of someone who has turned 80 and i got it twice…yayyy]
7. Remember, the clarifying part i had mentioned earlier[duh, refer to point 3].. well, here i was bombarded with que’s from uncle’s cousins n all others as to who my friend was.. Told em she was my friend S, who was also related to the uncle who celebrated 80th bday… then they were like “ah, ok…. “.but was fun catching up with them all, we meet once in a while.. and when we do, its talk talk talk non stop!! 🙂
Then what happened.. Oh,yes sunday dawned.. was an utterly lazy day!! did nothing, read a book, surfed channels on TV… went for a walk with Floppy in tow(when all he wanted to do was sniff at the neighbor’s plants] … went out for coffee [to meet a “guy”;)].. and then back home just as the skies opened… Rainsssssss.. how sweet they were.. 😀