According to me, it’s the time before today, before this very minute when am typing this post…. Something I’ve done, said, lived, seen, experienced, bought, enjoyed and so much more….
What I like about the past –
What we were
How our lives were
Good and bad stuff….
What I don’t like about the past [or rather related to the past]
How people dwell in it
Reliving sad moments
Comparing it with today [ time, money, life, lifestyle, entertainment, etc etc….]
Why am I talking about the past now? Well, I have noticed that more than one instance, people around me seem to enjoy talking about sad sorrowful instances, moments from the past….
Gramma keeps talking about how much she has done for her bro inlaw and their kids and how they are not so grateful today
Granpa talks of how things were so cheap back then, and now its beyond expensive
Mom goes on and on about how much she has gone through when she was just married and why we don’t understand the way she is.
advice preach [I use the term preach for a reason….] us on how we are not supposed to be in a room with elders, not talk unless spoken to and all the stories incidents when
– They used to hide in the bedroom when there were guests at home.. not cos they wanted to, but cos they were not allowed to come and mix with others…
– They should not talk to men[ other than from their family]
Whats the point of all this I ask… Stop dwelling in your past I tell them, but that comment of mine makes me them mad…
Why bitch about things/people who did you wrong? Why not move on and look at the happy things you have going for you?
I find it difficult… I know, I’ve been thru my share of “incidents’ too, but I don’t go on and on.. Simply because there is no point… its not going anywhere and all am doing is hurting myself more… Reliving those “not nice” days/moments… !!!
Some things I enjoy about the past were
– My trip to Chennai during school holidays- We would leave the very day when my exams end and return the morning of school reopening.. Luckily for me, school was hop skip jump away in most places!!! 😀
– The Coca Cola [in can, bought by my uncle from Trichy just for me..] and movie VCRs that would be waiting for me as I landed here
– Spending time with my cousin, Esh [technically, he is my uncle, but more like a bro cos he was a year younger than me, and we were/are close ]
– The fun trips we took from school
– Falling, nearly dying and spending time at home recuperating- a dear friend, J, used to come home every evening, bringing me books, movies to watch…J
– Going on crazy rides with uncles and cousins [ every time they visited from the USA]
– My 1st job and the 1st salary [ the freedom I tasted with it…yummy]
– The TV soaps I used to watch growing up…one of which I recently discovered is being aired once again in Zee Café.. What joy!! It is “Different Strokes “ ..
Some others I used to trip on where – A Team, and Cosby Show….
– Most recent ones have to be my getting my tattoos…Both on impulse without letting the whole world
know of it… :D… Like this impulsive side of me!!!
– Singing Karaoke with a whole bunch of
cool wacko friends, but sad that the cafe shut down!
Generally reminising as you can see!!! hence, the post…
Oh, am also in the process of doing something else, which i’ve been putting off for sometime now… shall
reveal it once its all ready and done!! 🙂