I wanna scream
stores, going through rows and rows of products before making a purchase. Heck,
I can’t remember the last time I did something like this. It is so much easier
to just go online and surf through the deals and options available before
picking out the one that catches my eye. Not only does it help me save time,
but it is so much easier and convenient. There are times when am strapped for
time and order a gift online and voila, it arrives at my doorstep and I don’t have
to worry about not having time to shop or missing out on cool deals. J Phew, life
sure has become so much better these days…
has changed the way I shop is Zoutons.com. There are days when all I do spend a
good amount of time window shopping, but then there are moments when I hop on
to the site, click on the product I want and am done with my purchase in a few
minutes. What is cool about this site is that it
offers discounts and deals on products purchased from various other online ecommerce
websites like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Jabong, Myntra, Homeshop18, printvenue,
Cleartrip and so much more.
clothes, gadgets, appliances, beverages, baby products, car accessories
and a whole host of other verticals as well.
buy a book for a friend, all I had to do was visit the site, click on Amazon
link and in a matter of minutes, I was done selecting the books and completing
the transaction. They sent an email confirmation and within the specified deadline,
the product had arrived at my friend’s address…
looking to indulge in some retail therapy online, all you need to do is login
to Zoutons.com and you will left smiling, no grinning away!! Alright, time to go now. Time to get dressed
and show off that new outfit I picked up …
While we were enjoying the coffee, the chef came over to take us through the cuisine, the chefs and how the whole process unfolded. The festival starts in Chennai, and then moves to Bangalore before winding up at Kolkatta and available only at Benjarong restaurant across the cities.
After a brief hiatus, am back with more tales… Few days ago, had been invited by friends for breakfast and she had made both idli and dosa. Plates were laid out, the table was set and she began serving us. She placed a dosa and 2 idlis on all the plates. I quietly went around the table, picked up a plate and removed one idli and went about eating the rest with the yumm chutney she had made. There was also the spicy milagai podi that was crunchy and delicious.. Just as we were all done with the 1st round, she opened both the containers and offered us idli or dosa. I automatically reached out for the dosa while few others went for the idli.
That was when she remarked ” oh I forgot you are not too fond of idlis”.. I smiled and said its alright, am not that fussy when am out…
But yes, truth is idlis are not my favorite, I go for them only if nothing else is available or if there is a yumm chutney/sambar to go with it. I also prefer idli when am travelling as it is safe to eat the hot steamed idlis.
I have this other best friend… she has a good laugh everytime I visit them, for she makes idlis often as her kidss love it and then she watches me push every bite down with a plunger and a semi frown on my face. She laughs as she mutters “may you find a guy who demands idlis every day” and my retort would be “I shall send him to you, you can feed him, stuff him and send him back”
I have no clues as to when this love-hate affair with idli began but it has been with me for as long as I can remember… there have been days when I forego breakfast cos it is the boring idli and other times when it stares me in the face as if to say “I dare you”
Is there any dish/item/ingredient that you love to hate?
- I learnt that if I leave my clothes to soak in the morning, they wont automatically rinse and go hang in the clothesline.. I gotta do it, and if I delay, they start to smell and I end up having to wash them all over again.
- I need to put away grocery, atleast the ones that need to be stored in the fridge else they rot and die.. milk, veggies, dosa batter…
- The house needs to be cleaned and mopped atleast twice a week, else there is dust peeping out of the corner grinning at me with that evil smirk.
- There are neighbours who are noisy and then there are others who think the world is their playground and wreck havoc through the day and night- noise and mess [ my balcony is a mess courtesy the guys living upstairs who are doing some construction work nonstop]
- I end up telling the courier guys to drop off my parcel with the security guys since am not home through the day [most of the time]…and this is the only kind of post I receive, rest of them are all meant for some random tom dick or lalalalalarrry…
- I have learnt to plan my money better, come month beginning and the bills start pouring in one by one, heartlessly…
- The lightbulb near the main door went out.. Well, D’oh none but I gotta buy a new one and replace it.. ;o)
- Trash wont take itself out, you need to dump it in the bins downstairs…