I was at home unwell, and it was one of those blah evenings. Couldn’t sleep, wasn’t able to sit on laptop and do any work.. Mom was wandering around when suddenly I asked “shall we bake bread in the machine? We have all ingredients..”.. She was in agreement. Both of us got down to looking for some easy interesting recipes online, I found one and that was it. In about 10mins, I had put all the ingredients together, the machine was set up and we were all set.
2 Medium Bananas, Mashed
1 tsp Vanilla
2-1/2 Cup Flour, Unbleached All Purpose
3/4 Cup Flour, Whole Wheat
2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Light
3 Tbsp Honey
1-1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Buttermilk
2-1/2 tsp Yeast for Bread Machine
3/4 C Walnuts, large chopped – I used pistachios since we did not have walnuts at home
- I put all the wet ingredients at the bottom
- Added the dry ingredients on top
- Finally made a small depression and put the yeast in it.
- Set the machine to normal and let it do its job… Took in total 2hrs 30mins.
- If the dough seems lose, add some dough and if it seems very dry, add some warm water.. [these I know based on past experience]
- Also add the nuts towards the end of the kneading process, it mixes quite well and remains intact.. 🙂