question am quite used to these days.. Earlier it used to have me stumped, but
now I just reply “5ft 10”..
I, she keeps saying “I am going to bring a stool whenever you get married
so I don’t look too short next to you”.. There are times when I feel like Melman from Madagascar.. 😀
been proud off and not really something I have thought of. But there are times
when I end up wondering why people stare at me like am a freak. You know, like
one of those circus creatures standing on stilts or all dressed up like a
clown. Oh and don’t get me started about the places I explore when I travel…
Most spaces and heritage buildings have me feeling like a giant, cos the
ceiling is so low and rooms so tiny.. :/ There have been times when I have
shied away from a trip cos I know the spaces are tiny and I wouldn’t wanna be
left out/or feel like a giant..
Recently a guy I met on an online channel
asked me “it is very intimidating when the girl is so tall”… for
which I replied “really, doesnt really bother me that you are shorter than
me”.. he stared at me and smiled… Well I haven’t heard from him since
that day.. Speaks for itself right?
it.. Yes they did comment the first time about how I was tall, but that was
it.. Never came up again..
disadvantages..The advantages I can rattle off in a flash;
- I love being tall
- I love standing out
- I enjoy the attention and how heads turn when
I walk into a room.
- I can reach shelves none else can.. Buhahaha
- I can pick up things off the top rack with
ease..Without waiting for any staff to come pick out the ladder and help..
- Above all, when in a crowded space I get to breathe cleaner air than all others.. booooyah..
- I don’t need Heels, infact in my flats am taller than my friends wearing a mini stool on their feet.
- Not too many guys are as tall as I am or
- I get asked to get things off high shelves all
- I was made to stand last in line in school
- I also had to sit in last row in school
- I was chosen for basketball but wasn’t too
good at it and all commented how being tall = playing BB.. D’oh!
- I hate the side berth in the train, cos I
gotta curl up to fit (even though side berth is most private/comfortable)
- When standing for photographs I invariably move to the sides of back.. am vertically challenged.. ;o)
- I find airline/theater seats uncomfortable..
Need extra leg room..also the person sitting in front of me want to lie down, they end up literally lying on my lap… grrr..hate it!
- I have big feet and so, don’t get shoes/footwear my size easily..
- Most places the mirror in restroom is not on eye level, heck it is somewhere below my neck.. ;-))
- Ready made clothes are always short.. Not the ‘it’s Ok, looks good’ kinda short but ‘dang that looks weird’ short.
- Forget clothes, they don’t make trial rooms that fit us.. I gotta literally kneel down else my hands are all over the place.. Hehe..
- In auditoriums I get asked to move and sit in a corner seat [sometimes] cos am blocking the view for the person seated behind me…
- I have long hands and limbs, so they feel like they are all over the place..
- I invariably feel conscious and move to the side when in a crowded space, temples, exhibitions etc…
me ‘do you wanna be shorter?’.. My answer would be’ no way.. I love me too much