Well, its that time again, the challenge has come to an end and it is time for the last task.. It says share a picture of yourself, well, the poster below sums me up better than I could ever have said it..
I love Music, I need Music all the time, be it when am working, cleaning, reading a book or just about anything. It helps me stay grounded, helps me stay focussed and just drift away into a world where no one but ME matter.. :-) I have a gazillion songs in my iPod, but the playlist varies, depending on my mood and frame of mind. So, picking just two was a mammoth task, but managed to ..
1. My Favourite Things -From Sound of Music which is my all-time favourite movie is a song I love listening to over and over...
2. I hope you dance by Ronan Keating - A song where every word is beautiful, makes so much sense, especially in today's world where people don't really have time for anything, they are constantly in a hurry to get from Point A to B and onwards...
Am a movie buff alright, infant there are quite a few times I go for movies on my own. Dig into a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the flick. So, asking me to pick just 3 is an unfair task.. Anyways, here goes..
1. The Sound of Music - Maybe cos it was one of the first movie I watched, I love it to no end. We used to have a VCR of the movie and few decades later, I picked up a DVD as well. Love the story, the songs, the kids, the way the story pans out, well love everything about it...
2. Bangalore Days [Malayalam] - Yes, we are jumping decades ahead. This movie I watched with friends [in malayalam] and loved it. Infact it has become my "Go to" movie whenever am bored, or feeling blah. Such a fun movie...
3. Inside Out - I love animated movies and this is one of my favourite. Inside out is all about a girl and her varied emotions, how Joy tries to over power the other feelings and what happens at the end. Absolutely adorable movie.
How true is this quote? I love reading and there are times when you will find me lost in not one but two books at the same time.. Infact, there is a running joke at home that you could leave me in a room with books, some water and lock me up- I would be happy..
Also, this challenge is weird. They ask us to list down Nine loves and seven wants but for books and movies, the numbers are 4 & 3.. lolz.. Well, I might cheat a bit and mention authors, but heck, if you are looking for book recommendations, you should follow this list and pick up any of them and thank me later..Here goes my list..
1. Enid Blyton - The mystery of the five find outers, naughtiest girl in school, the faraway tree are some of the books that come to my mind right away. I grew up reading these.My uncles would visit us in Tirunelveli and every time they came, they were armed with a box of books and music cassettes and that is where my love for both began.
2. Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute (Author) - A dear friend told me about this book and I hunted high and low for it. At the end ordered for a copy and within a few days had it. It is very different from anything I had read, quite inspiring and interesting as well.
3. The Magic by Rhonda Bryne- This book definitely deserves a mention here. It is a book I picked up on a friend's recommendation and it changed my life [ not in a I saw the light at the end of tunnel, it called out my name blah blah kind]. It has 28 chapters and at the end of the chapters is a small activity to be done. You will see the difference within a few days. And these are simple things, like make a list of 10 people/things that have made a difference in your life etc.. It is basically all about being grateful for the things/people/animals/etc we have in our lives and carrying the positive thoughts in our mind.
4. Haruki Murakami - How can I not mention him right? His books are interesting, off beat and his writing style is quite like no other you will find. My uncle gifted me quite a few and now my collection is nearly complete. I am already looking forward to his next book. Recently finished reading his Absolutely on music.
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)